UV Moulded Optics
Knight Optical can supply specialist UV glass which can be moulded into more complex designs, unlike standard glass such as UV fused silica.
We can currently offer two glass types: Clear UV and UV Filter glass both of which can be moulded into your unique design.
Clear UV Glass
|This clear UV glass type has a transmission band through both the UV and visible wavelengths, covering the critical UVC waveband. Due to its manufacturing process, this mouldable glass has a number of benefits including:
Please find the technical data sheet here.
UV Filter Glass
|In some applications it is essential that no visible light enters or leaves the system, and with this UV filter glass this is a possibility, with a transmission band only in the UV region (250 to 400nm). What makes this filter glass even more unique is that it can moulded into complex and unique designs to fit around your specific system, which is not possible with standard UV filter glass. Please find the technical data sheet here.
Both glass types go through a manufacturing processes that ensures:
- High homogeneity
- Toughness due to the controlled annealing process
- High quality composition which is repeatable between batches.
The moulded glass can be finished in multiple ways:
- Polished to the desired irregularity
- Surfaces can be ground
- Coatings can be applied to enhance the performance.
Please do not hesitate to contact our technical sales team who will guide you through your enquiry regarding our UV moulded optics.
With our in-house state-of-the-art metrology laboratory you can be confident that your optical components will meet your requirements. You can find out more about our testing facilities here.
- UV sterilisation and disinfection generally focusses on UVC wavelengths (200-280nm). Both glass types transmit well from 250nm onwards.
- The custom moulds made for each unique specification are kept secure and receive ongoing care to ensure continued use.
- Knight Optical can also provide UV filters to work within the optical system to ensure only the desired wavelengths enter or leave.
- Optical domes made from moulded UV glass are increasingly popular for applications such as UV sterilisation
- By moulding the domes, more complex designs can be manufactured, including adding a flange for easier mounting.
Knight Optical can provide optical coatings to enhance and optimise the performance of your optical components. These include:
- Antireflective coatings to minimise the reflections over certain wavelengths, and therefore enhance the transmission.
- Mirror coatings for higher reflection. Knight Optical can provide an Aluminium/MgF2 coating which covers the UV wavelengths.
- Specialist coatings including hydrophobic.