Robotics & Automation
With Industry 4.0 well underway with a significant focus on the use of automation and machine learning, the demand for optical components used within robots and automation systems has increased tenfold. Knight Optical has worked, and continues to do so, with companies worldwide to provide precision optical components.
Typical areas within the automation industry for our optics include:
- UAVs and drones
- Machine vision
- Car sensors, especially those utilising LiDAR technology
- Surveying (environmental and construction)
- Renewable energy.
Optical components play an important role within the industry, including:
- Optical windows and domes often used in unmanned vehicles to protect the systems from external environments whilst still maintaining a field of view, which is especially important for applications utilising camera systems.
- Infrared components, particularly lenses and windows, for thermal imaging applications. This includes lenses with aspheric surfaces.
- Optical filters can play a key role in machine vision and Knight Optical have stock of a variety of filters including colour glass, interference and dichroic filters.
Knight Optical has a longstanding history of delivering on-spec custom solutions to our customers and we pride ourselves on the service we provide. We work alongside our customers to provide an optimum optical solution, which could be something from our stock catalogue to providing a fully custom optic made to their requirements. Browse our custom page for further information on the type of optics we can provide.
All optical components go through our metrology and QA departments prior to shipment to ensure they meet specification, so our customers can be confident in the products they receive. Test reports can be sent upon request, including FAI reports.
Browse our commonly ordered precision optics below, either available from our stock catalogue or ordered as custom optics:
Our 2022/2023 Catalogue
Inside Knight Optical’s catalogue you’ll find details of the industries we serve as well as the many other services we can offer. It also showcases hundreds of our most popular products, supported by useful technical information, to help you choose the right part for your application.
Click below to view our digital catalogue now.