Custom toroidal mirrors have two doughnut shaped curved surfaces perpendicular to each other one being horizontally polished and the other vertically polished. Custom toroidal mirrors are normally used where a beam needs to be focused or folded. The design of toroidal mirrors eliminates astigmatism normally caused by concave spherical mirrors.
Custom toroidal mirrors are used for correction of aberration in a range of scientific instrument applications such as spectroscopes monochromators and imaging devices.
Ophthalmic machinery can be utilized for manufacturing of custom toroidal mirrors enabling cost effective solutions. As ophthalmic machines are used there are restrictions on maximum diameters of 75-80mm dia. A range of precision polished custom toroidal mirror solutions are available with surface form error to ¼ wave.
Our custom ranges of toroidal mirrors can be supplied with a full range of coatings:
- Enhanced aluminium coating, 94% reflectivity for use in visible applications.
- 99.9% dielectric coating for laser use in visible applications.
- UV aluminium/Mgf² coating for use in UV applications down to 180nm.
- 98.5% NIR dielectric coating for laser use in the near infra-red region.
- Ion plated protected silver coating for use in NIR to 2000nm.
- Protected gold coating for use from 750nm to far infra-red applications.
Knight Optical supply high quality custom toroidal mirrors made to your exact specification. Every component is individually tested by our highly skilled technicians in our state of art metrology lab to ensure all components meet our high quality standards.
Contact our multilingual technical sales team and discover how Knight Optical’s high quality custom toroidal mirrors can improve your product and supply chain experience.