Technical Sales Account Manager- UK
The Technical Sales Account Manager builds and maintains relationships with existing customers through regular communication and excellent customer service. Tasks include meeting and exceeding sales targets, increasing their knowledge of the customer industry and sector, ensuring the highest levels of customer care, always providing technical knowledge and professional advice. Growing Knight Optical’ s customers spend through new business practices and sector orientated research
- Receive and act upon technical and pricing enquiries received by phone and email and via website.
- Consult with customers and Knight Optical technical staff to ensure the appropriate product is sourced and quoted for.
- Consult with suppliers and Knight Optical technical staff to provide the customer with an appropriate quotation.
- Routinely follow up live quotations with customers.
- Keep regular contact with key accounts to ensure continuity and growth of business and service.
- Establish and maintain contact with new customers with a view to increased business growth.
- Research new opportunities for Knight Optical to gain sector growth and new business sales.
- Keep customers informed of the status of outstanding orders.
- Inform customers of delivery shipment as orders become ready.
- Follow up recent orders to ensure customer satisfaction and ascertain future orders.
- Follow up customer visits to the website.
- Monitor personal order pipeline and report to line manager weekly.
- Knight Optical (UK) Ltd, Roebuck Business Park, Harrietsham, Kent, ME17 1AB
- Monday – Thursday 08.30am – 5.00pm; Friday 08.30am- 3.00pm
- 23 days of starting holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Company sickness pay
- Uncapped bonus scheme
- Private healthcare through BUPA
- Order intake
- New business achieved
- Call/activity levels
- Sales opportunity levels
- Quotation levels
- Sales experience and/or customer service experience within a technical industry.
- Degree in science or technical discipline an advantage.
- Keen interest in science and technology
- Willing team member
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent, friendly telephone manner.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good sales skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- SAP (training given but previous experience an advantage).