Technical Sales Account Adviser – UK
Work in a fast-growing company based in the UK with a newly-established US office. This is a highly technical field that offers the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing global industries with some of the biggest and most cutting edge technology and aerospace companies in the world. This position requires a Technical Account Advisor to build and maintain relationship with existing customers through regular communication and excellent customer service. To meet or exceed sales targets. Increase knowledge of customer industry and sector and ensure the highest levels of customer care, technical knowledge and advice are provided at all times.
- Represent Knight Optical at all times in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner.
- To develop long term relationships with current customers through regular communication and excellent customer service.
- Advise customers regarding technical specification, design and application.
- Ensure successful delivery of optical components – Process from start to finish liaising with relevant departments regarding quality, metrology and despatch.
- Maximise customer spend through awareness of optical components that Knight Optical supply/manufacture.
- Become a technical expert in specific industries and sectors.
- Attend relevant industry and sector exhibitions. (Some worldwide travel may be required).
- Attend customer meetings (Worldwide travel may be required).
- To meet or exceed sales target.
- Maintain accurate database records of products.
- To provide specialist technical advice in Optics and associated products.
- Provide cost effective, quality driven and timely solutions for customers.
- To provide technical support and advice to customers.
- Training will be given on the above.
Qualifications and experience:
- Sales experience and/or customer service experience within a technical industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of presentations
- Degree in Science and/or technical related discipline
- Passionate about Science and Technology
- Proven record of success in sales
- Previous experience within the field
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Good communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Sales skills
- SAP (Training will be given)
- Good organisational skills