Precision right-angle prisms (UV fused silica)
What are you looking for in Stock?
Right angle prisms are simply triangular blocks of glass with two 45° and one 90° angles. These precision UV grade fused silica right angle prisms have high surface quality and tight tolerance angles. The normal use for a right-angle prism is to turn light through 90° by internal reflection from the hypotenuse. These right angle prisms are stocked as uncoated and protected on the hypotenuse to meet general applications. The simplest is a totally uncoated right angle prism; uncoated right-angle prisms will rely on total internal reflection and so is limited in the angular range it will reflect. If the hypotenuse can be coated with a standard reflecting coating, generally aluminium, which is then protected by a paint layer it will work over a wide range of incidence angles. These are commonly known as protected right angle prisms. These UV grade fused silica right angle prisms are used for wavelengths down to 175nm.
Right angle prisms are generally used to bend light, reflect light and for image displacement.
Please see images on the left protected type have hypotenuse "Z" face aluminized and matt black protected
|Material:||UV grade fused silica|
|Surface quality:||<40:20 scratch dig|
|Flatness:||<λ/4 over 25mm (over inscribed eclipse)|
Protected aluminium/ visible use (MV2)
Protection is matt black paint however surfaces on custom prisms can be coated with epoxy matt black paint, see docs and drgs tab
- Uncoated range: All faces are left uncoated.
- AR coated range: Antireflective coating on entry/exit faces to achieve 99% efficiency.
- Protected range: Aluminised and black painted on Hypotenuse to achieve 90% internal reflection over a greater angular range.
- External reflector range: Aluminised and protected on hypotenuse for use as mirrors.
- Uncoated prisms can be coated with a range of mirror coatings for UV,NIR and FIR applications.
- Prisms can be ground down on width to smaller dimensions.
- Prisms can be reshaped to meet your instrument needs.
|Part No.||Coating||Grade||Entry Face Height A/C|
|Entry Face Height B/C|
|PTF0600||Uncoated||Precision||6.25||6.25||UV fused silica||£34.95|
|PTF1000||Uncoated||Precision||10||10||UV fused silica||£45.95|
|PTF1500||Uncoated||Precision||15||15||UV fused silica||£54.95|
|PTF1600||Uncoated||Precision||16||16||UV fused silica||£55.95|
|PTF2500||Uncoated||Precision||25||25||UV fused silica||£65.95|
|PTF4000||Uncoated||Precision||40||40||UV fused silica||£149.95|