What are you looking for in Stock?
Toroidal mirrors have two doughnut shaped curved surfaces perpendicular to each other one being horizontally polished and the other vertically polished. Toroidal mirrors are normally used where a beam needs to be focused or folded. The design of toroidal mirrors eliminates astigmatism normally caused by concave spherical mirrors.
Toroidal mirrors are used for correction of aberration in a range of scientific instrument applications such as spectroscopes monochromators and imaging devices.
Ophthalmic machinery can be utilized for manufacturing of toroidal mirrors enabling cost effective solutions. As ophthalmic machines are used there are restrictions on maximum diameters of 75-80mm dia.
A range of optical coatings can be applied to suit most applications
- Enhanced aluminium 94% for visible applications.
- 99.9% dielectric for laser use in visible applications.
- UV aluminium for UV applications down to 180nm.
- 98.5% dielectric for laser use in the NIR applications.
- Ion plated silver for NIR-2000nm applications.
- Protected gold for 750nm to far infra-red applications.
Knight Optical supply high quality toroidal mirrors made to your exact specification. Every component is individually tested by our highly skilled technicians in our state of art metrology lab to ensure all components meet our high quality standards.
Contact our multilingual technical sales team and discover how Knight Optical’s high quality custom toroidal mirrors can improve your product and supply chain experience.