Custom Infrared Lenses
Infrared lenses have a multitude of uses in industries such as defence, aerospace, robotics, and automation.
Knight Optical have extensive knowledge and experience in providing our customers with precision custom infrared lenses. We offer cylindrical, planoconvex/concave and meniscus lenses, as well as achromatic doublets and aspheric options to reduce aberrations within the system, this includes diamond-turned aspheric lenses.
Available infrared materials include:
- Zinc selenide/sulphide
- Sapphire with transmission from UV to mid-infrared.
- Fluoride materials such as Calcium Fluoride (CaF2), Barium Fluoride (BaF2), and Magnesium Fluoride (MgF2) which transmit from UV to IR.
- AMTIR and other amorphous chalcogenide glass.
Further information on Knight Optical’s infrared materials can be found on our infrared optics page and includes the capabilities for each substrate.
Coatings can be applied including antireflective (AR) and diamond-like carbon (DLC) coatings for optimisation and durability. Coatings can target specific wavelength ranges including NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR regions, ideal for thermal imaging applications.
Our stock and custom infrared lenses come quality assured. Contact our technical sales team and discover how Knight Optical’s high quality IR lenses and service can improve your instrumentation and supply chain experience.
- Materials such as sapphire and the fluorides are ideal for applications
- Thermal imaging (thermography) where germanium is an ideal material for lenses due to its transmission within the MWIR and LWIR thermal wavebands.
- Zinc selenide lenses are often used in CO2 laser applications due to its transmission covering both the HeNe laser wavelength (632.8nm) and CO2 laser wavelength (10.6µm).