What are you looking for in Custom?
Knight Optical supply a range of custom elliptical mirrors for use in UV, Visible and NIR wavelengths and available in two grades to meet a range of custom applications. Our range of general purpose grade custom elliptical mirrors are machined from standard pre-coated float glass plates where surface flatness is generally 1λ over 25mm. Alternatively our custom precision grade of elliptical mirrors are precision polished blanks that are flat to λ /4 and then vacuum coated.
A custom general purpose grade elliptical mirror may prove useful in a less demanding system or where the user may seek to use the mirror in a range of different applications. Elliptical mirrors may be used in newtonian telescopes and are typically angled at 45 degrees, being used to reflect light at an angle of 90 degrees to the optical axis. The customisation process can take into account substrate (generally float glass), tolerances, flatness and surface quality, with higher specification dielectric coatings if needs be. The vast majority of our custom elliptical mirrors are available at very reasonable prices, made possible by bulk preparation of the material.
Our custom ranges of elliptical mirrors can be supplied with a full range of coatings:
- Enhanced aluminium coating, 94% reflectivity for use in visible applications.
- 99.9% dielectric coating for laser use in visible applications.
- UV aluminium/Mgf² coating for use in UV applications down to 180nm.
- 98.5% NIR dielectric coating for laser use in the near infra-red region.
- Ion plated protected silver coating for use in NIR to 2000nm.
- Protected gold coating for use from 750nm to far infra-red applications.
Knight Optical prides itself on being able to offer bespoke elliptical mirrors to various standards and with different coatings in order to meet UV, visible and IR applications.
Contact our multilingual technical sales team and discover how Knight Optical’s high quality custom elliptical mirrors can improve your product and supply chain experience.